Saturday 8 November 2014

LET"S FACE IT..


I love a good face mask. I try and do one 1-2 times a week depending on my skin and what i feel like it needs. I've been trying my best not to hoard any new ones until i use up a couple from my stash. Here are my top picks for three different kinds of moods (all of which smell amazing, btw)

Balancing

Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti Blemish Masque, £33 for 60ml
I got this mask as a recommendation from the sales person after explaining what kind of thing i was looking for, and i was very impressed. I've never tried anything else from Aesop before, but many people love it so i thought i'd give it a go. I normally use this when i feel like my skin can't decide what it wants to do. I might have some dry patches, a few blemishes, and some oily patches; i just slap this on, leave it for a good 15-20mins, and my skin is very happy afterwards. I don't find it helps with really nasty stubborn spots, but it does a great job at just calming everything down and making my face 'one'. I will definitely repurchase this once i run out.

Hydrating

Glamglow Thirstymud £49.99 for 50ml 
Now i've never tried a hydrating mask before, so i don't really have a basis of comparison, but i do think this is an excellent mask. I love how there's a little leaflet inside explaining different ways of using this product, such as as a regular mask, on the plane, or as an overnight intensive treatment. I used this quite a lot when i got sunburned, and it really helped to stop the peeling and wholly nourish my skin. Especially when i put on a thick layer of it overnight, i woke up the next morning with my skin looking happy and no dry patch in sight. If you're a gal with dry skin (or not, mine is oily-combo) I'd definitely recommend giving this a go.

This is the BEST mask i have tried for a really deep cleanse when your skin is just not cooperating with you. It gets super deep into your pores and manages to pull out any dirt that's in there. I usually put a thinnish layer all over my face, and then add more to the areas that i feel need it. It is a bit weird and tingly when you first apply it, but after a few minutes that goes away and you can leave it on for as long as you need (i usually do 10-15 minutes). Unlike other mud masks, it doesn't dry out my skin like crazy, but rather leaves it feeling soft and refreshed.

I'd love to hear what some of your favorites are in the comments below :)

No comments :

Post a Comment