Saturday 15 November 2014

REVLON COLORSTAY MOISTURE STAIN REVIEW

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Lip Stain, £7.99



There have been a lot of mixed reviews on these lip products, but I have to jump on the 'love' bandwagon. I was interested in trying them out because I generally love Revlon lip products anyway, and the promise of moisture, shine AND longevity was that one last push I needed.

First of all, I love the packaging. The cube is a teeny bit chunky, but they sit next to each other so perfectly that it doesn't really bother me at all. The actual applicator is also a good size, with a tapered end to help you get the perfect application around the corners and cupids bow. Now on to the actual product. The formula has a bit of a weird texture that's kind of thick and watery, but it smoothes on to the lips so easily you barely notice. On first application it might look a bit patchy, but just rub your lips together a bit and put on a second coat and voila - smooth, opaque and lovely. I have the two shades Barcelona Nights and Shanghai Sizzle, and I found no difference in the formula between them. After the first application I found I was good to go for a few hours before the shine faded, and even when it did I was left with a lovely non-drying stain. The color selection is also gorgeous, with 12 shades there's bound to be something for everyone. 


So all in all this is a definite hit for me. Let me know what you guys thought of this product, or if you had issues with any of the colors. I might need to pick up India Intrigue sometime soon, I love that purple-y undertone…

2 comments :

  1. Hello there! Firstly, we'd like to begin by saying we love the products that you recommend, you definitely search for products that other blogs don't mention or haven't discovered yet which is something we love! (Makes it unique and special to us!) We absolutely love Revlon lip products too, we can't wait to try this one out, your review makes it seem intriguing!
    We can't wait for your upcoming posts!

    Lots of Love
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's boring if you see too much of the same products so i'm glad you appreciate it :D I'd love to know how you get on with it! x

      Delete