Saturday 28 February 2015

LOVING LATELY #1

So I realize I haven't done any favorites on my blog so far, but given that I'm only posting once a week at the moment I don't think monthly favorites will be a thing. That being said, I do want to share some of the things i've been loving over the past few months.

BEAUTY

I have been obsessed with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99). I have the shade 54 Beige and I think it's a good match for me, but maybe a teeny bit too dark. I  wanted to pick up 53 Light Beige, but they didn't have it in stock, so next time I'll see if I can get that and hopefully it'll be a better match. I've also been liking the Kiko foundation I mentioned in my last post. I do get a bit shiny when I wear it, but I think it's because I've been using a very hydrating moisturizer in the mornings, so I'm going to switch to a less intense one and see how it goes.

Ever since I started really using my Lorac Pro ($42.00) palette 3 weeks ago, I haven't picked up any other eyeshadow since. The colors are neutral, but still so beautiful and diverse that you can create many different looks with it. They blend like a dream and I just can't get enough. Some of my favorite combos are Pewter all over the lid with Mauve in the crease, or Lt. Bornze all over with Taupe in the crease - both with Nude as an inner corner highlight - beautiful! I definitely understand the hype around this palette.

Next we have brows. I'm never exclusively a powder/pencil/pomade kind of gal as I rotate between them frequently, and will switch it up depending on the kind of look I'm going for. Over the past few weeks I have definitely been reaching for my Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown (£17.00) over the others as it's so quick and easy to use, especially when you're overdue for an eyebrow threading.

The final makeup product I've been reaching for a lot is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry ($22.50). It's very nourishing and comfortable to wear, and gives enough color to make it look like you have something on. It's definitely going to be a handbag staple for a while.
The last two beauty related items I've been obsessed with are the Kiko Nail Lacquer in 511 Metallic Mercury Purple (£3.90) which lasts a good week with minimal chipping (score!) and the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product ($18.00) which tames frizz and keeps my curly hair super soft.


NON BEAUTY

This may seem very random, but my two non beauty items that I've been obsessed with lately are a pair of sport leggings, and some Quay sunglasses. I got these leggings from adidas a couple of months ago (can't find a link to them online) but I love the bright colors and they're super comfortable. Also, the print doesn't stretch out when you wear them which is a big plus in my book. They also came in a blue/green color which I want to keep an eye out for because the fit is just so nice.

Finally, my last favorite are these White Quay Invador Cat-Eye Sunglasses (£27.00). They're so cute and funky without being over the top, and I get compliments whenever I wear them. They're also quite inexpensive for relatively good quality, and in general I think Quay make awesome sunglasses.

Let me know some of the things you've been loving lately in the comments below, I'd love to hear. x

No comments :

Post a Comment